Friday, October 9, 2009

Link to My Virtual Tour

http://educationrocks56.pbworks.com/Content-Page#


Enjoy!!!

Okay, so I changed my virtual tour idea from what I posted in here the first time. The standard that I am doing is for second grade.

Standard 2
Students will develop a sense of self in relation to families and community.
Objective 2
Examine important aspects of the community and culture that strengthen relationships.
b. Compare rural, suburban, and urban communities.

I planned this to be a class actvity where the teacher goes through it with the class and leads a discussion. I think this will be best since the kids are kinda younger. They could probably do in by themselves or in groups but Ithink it would be most benefical to them if we did it as a class. I think it would be great for the children to see these communities since some of them may have grown up in the same community their whole lives. Google Earth has some amazing 360* shots of all kinds of communities. It will be good for them to see real examples when comparing instead of me just describing them.

8 comments:

  1. I liked how easy it was to see the difference between a rural, suburban, and urban environment. You did a good job picking places to demonstrate each of these. Kids would have a much better understanding of these types of communities after doing the tour. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tour is great for helping students identify the distinct differences between the different types of communities. It is also a lot of fun to be able to follow the pictures like you are driving through the community!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a fun way to look at the different communities! I think you picked great spots to show such diversity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the way you were able to stay within the United States and yet be so diverse. It really sparked my attention because I have never been to most of these places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved loved your idea of the different communities. It really opened my eyes to the differences that surround me everywhere. It was so neat to see houses and compare them with others. I also really enjoyed the question and activities you had the students perform. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Showing different communities using Google Earth is a great idea. The bubbles were really interesting to explore. I liked how your tour was easy to use but very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really good idea for allow students to discover the differences between rural and urban communities. Your activity was well thought out. Good job:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was such a cute idea and such a fun tour for children. There really is a lot of diversity in our communities and it was a creative way to show it

    ReplyDelete